Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ignorance Breeds Hate. G'boro Bloggers Quick To Judge

I recently posted the following article and 2 well educated bloggers, Sue and Hogg, accused me of hate speech. In both cases, their over-eagerness to correct a conservative and ignorance of the Bible and the early history of the Jews caused them to unfairly criticize and slander my blog.

I say slander, particularly in reference to Sue, because she refused to comment on my site, refused to answer fair questions on her own site and is shrewd enough to know labelling a person as a hater sticks- regardless of the truth. At least Hogg disagreed on my blog- but even he should allow argument.

If a blogger seems grossly unfair, it seems only logical to debate him/her before labelling him/her. But not in Greensboro... not for conservative bloggers.

Who says Jesus is the only way?
Well, Jesus said it. "I am the way, the truth and the life...no one comes to the Father but through me." Recently, some American Episcopal leaders have rejected Christ as the only way- but in truth- many folks have expressed alot of problems with one true religion. I never have been bothered by this. For me, believing in God has always made sense.

"What about someone in Africa or China who have never heard of Christ?" This question and those like it have served as a stumbling block, primarily to our sense of justice or fairness. I don't have the answer. I know God reveals himself through creation, but it does not answer the the justice question.

Why did God choose the Jews to be His chosen people? It hardly seems fair. The history of the Jews' relationship with their Creator is sordid at best. They constantly rebelled, worshipped false gods and flat out rejected God outright. The entire Old Testament reveals a mighty God pursuing a rebellious, conniving and ungrateful people...
(with severe short term memory loss!)
Which brings me to my faith in Christ. I believe God chose the Jews for two reasons:

* He wanted to send Jesus- as a Jew- to create a new covenant.
* The early history of the Jews (from creation in Gen 1 till Revelation, about 86AD) is a shadow- an image of our own character and relationship with God.

We know that Jesus claimed to be God on numerous occassions. This is extremely important to remember. To say Jesus was a wise man, or a prophet is contradicting what He said about Himself. As C.S. Lewis wrote, (my paraphrase), "Jesus was either a liar, lunatic or who he said he was- God."

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]