Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Republicans and Homosexuality

There has been alot of stupid and Chicken Little rhetoric from Matt and Stench about Republicans and Gays. Lets get a few things straight.

Does anybody know what causes a person to desire gay sex? There is a big lie that I've heard Matt, Stench and hundreds of others repeat as if it is absolute fact- and that is a person is born one way or the other... they have no choice about their sexuality. The real answer is there are many reasons and they are as numerous and diverse as our population. Some theorize most homosexual men were sexually and emotionally abused as children and this robbed them of their masculinity- so they seek fullfilment in men. Some feel it may be partly genetic. So far, all attempts to find a Biological link to homosexuality have been inconclusive at best.

So why do Matt, Ed, Sue, Stench and others insist the argument is settled, without citing credible sources? Why do they use words like bigotry, hate, ignorance and prejudice-instead of presenting research and common sense in their argument? They do it because they are arrogant enough to believe they are right and virtually all religions, history, traditions are wrong. They argue that way because they are foolish enough to think because the majority of Greensboro bloggers agree with their views and politics, the majority of the country agrees with them as well. Most of all, they argue that way because they have no respect for people who disagree with them.

Stench, a self proclaimed idiot, actually thinks its horrible that a man of science, Joe Guarino, disagrees with him about homosexuality. Guess what- that's Stench's only argument! What is Matt's defense? He's against bigotry and hatred. So am I, but Matt conflates belief in scripture condemning gay sex as bigotry and hate. Sorry Matt, but that is a perversion of the truth.

These fellows argue that their take on sex is moral. Oh really? What do they base that on? Selective scriptures? Their own sense of justice? They and others have showed alot of ignorance reciting scripture- even when they refute its authority- to seemingly contradict or misdirect the Christian position. I suspect they don't want to know what the Bible says anyway.

The Republican's stance on homosexuality, despite the party's motivation, will be a major reason the GOP will win elections. Most Christians and Americans believe homosexuality is wrong- and that is a smart reason for a political party to say no to Gay rights.

Comments:
I don't recall "insisting that the argument is settled."

I'm not particularly interested in the "cause" of homosexuality as an argument for or against guaranteeing civil rights to people.

I don't look at in terms of me being right and religion or tradition or other people being wrong, I look at in terms of civil rights and common decency being extended to law-abiding adults.

You spend more time thinking about homosexuality than just about anyone I know, including my gay friends.

You also spend a lot of time assigning thoughts and words to other people in ways that may say more about your own mindset than theirs.
 
Ed- you are right, I blog about it because alot of 101 folks are writing about it- and getting Christainity's role in wrong. My gay friends don't talk about any of this stuff.

I also read your stuff which you write in public forums- and that allows me to have some knowlege of what you think. If what I wrote mischaracterized your opinion, I apologize, but you failed to say one way or the other.
 
If I "failed to say one way or the other", then how can I have "insisted the argument is settled?"

You are just making stuff up to fit your agenda.

And you don't seem to get that I don't base my arguments for civil rights on what does or does not "cause" homosexuality, or homosexual behavior, so your litmust test is moot in any case when it comes to my opinion.

And I'm certainly not making my arguments based on an interpretation of scripture.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]