Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Billy The Blogging Poet: Our Kids Are Cowards

Billy Jones let his emotions get the best of him, I hope, here in this post "...Greensboro's more affluent sons and daughters are skipping out of the current wars just like the cowards they've always been. "

I read his words and my hands begin to tremble in anger and disgust. Say it aint so, Poet! You can't mean it, because it simply isn't true.

UPDATE: Billy responds on his site: "Kicked dogs always hollar loudest."It's your war Chip, you fight it. I have family members in Iraq so you can just kiss my ass you coward. "

Billy- What you are saying isn't just wrong, it is ignorant. This war is being fought by volunteers. There are many other things wrong with this, but I have a feeling you are alone on this one... at least I hope so. I'll let it go, because the real shame is that you truly feel this way.

There is an irony regarding the stats in Roch's original post- people purchasing lottery tickets may end up financing wealthier students' college education. Grimsley and Page have far more students (in number and percentages) that attend 4 year colleges than Dudley and Smith.

Comments:
So...zip codes...income...etc.

Anyone ever think that the higher income areas may be retirmement age with kids that have aged out?

You want an ass to kiss...I can help provide one.
 
btw...was speaking to Billy in the event that was not clear
 
few more questions that I posted on the other sites---

27406 contains Forest Oaks and surrounding areas with 46 and 27407 contains Sedgefield and maybe Grandover with 55. Somebody want to help me to understand.

For these stats to have much meaning would it not be needed to identify the number of 18 to 20 year olds in a given zip code?

What were the quantities from Ragsdale, Southeast Guilford, Southwest..and so on?

I guess another question is who cares? We are talking about a volunteer Army....key word being volunteer...

What is the point of this post?
 
"What is the point of this post?"

The point is that it's easy to make a cheap political point without understanding what the statistics quoted actually say, or DON'T say, as is the case.

To say that the kids who volunteer have fewer "options" is also bogus.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]