Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Would You Renounce Religion To Live?

Or claim Islam as your religion, just to stay alive, even if you were an athiest?

In the comfort of my home and under no threat at all, I'd hope to be true to Christ and refuse to submit. Because I may never have to face such an event, I want to be clear that it is wrong to judge anyone who has had to make such a choice.

Jesus teaches us that we should not fear enemies that can destroy our bodies, but fear the One who can give and take life and destroy our soul. Matthew 10:28 "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

So should such a day come- I hope to choose Christ.

Comments:
I want to make that decision with a pump loaded with buckshot!
 
Chip - that is one of my favorite passages in the Bible, and one that too many of us often don't consider.

It is a difficult situation to be in, and I am surprised that so little attention has been given from the perspective you give.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]