Monday, October 16, 2006

Change of Subject Matter

As many of you know I'm no shrinking violet. I love to debate, even when it gets a bit nasty. But I noticed something last week and decided to take a signifcant break from politics. The result is my intent to be more narrow with the subject matter.

Two things occured:
  1. During the Wake/Clemson game I spent 3 miserable quarters in competitive agony. I am competitive, so much so that my mood is directly linked to how my teams perform. I don't want to change either- I feel I have a good handle on what is truly important in life and how Clemson performs is way down the list.
  2. In the wake of the Foley nonsense, I recognized the same competitive spirit ruling my nature... and its source. It is all the arguing, day in and day out. I notice most Greensboro bloggers are getting worked up as well. The truth is the political analysts-pollsters-insiders, the hollywood actors, and yes, even the politicians have little or no say in our lives.

So I took a break. From now on, Christspeak is primarily about the language within Chritianity. It will also focus on issues within the faith and stories. When I feel the need to write about politics in general, I'll use "Why Do You Drink."


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]