Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Born to be a...

One of my Mom's best friends, the mother of 6 children, loves to tell the story of her oldest daughter visiting her for the first time after giving birth to triplets. Her daughter spent 2 days coaching her Mom how to handle the babies... get it?

Today, Mary Mac comes home with my grandson for the first time... and I'm under orders not to over stimulate 31 day old little Adam. By definition, I am a living stimulant to children- especially those in my family.

Now I understand the real bonding and fun starts for grand pa's when the kid starts crawling, some 6-9 months after grand ma's done her thing, but I've been waiting for this moment for years . I was born to be a father, uncle and grand dad. If it were up to me, we'd have at least 5 kids. (When I expressed this goal to my wife after our 3rd child was born, she said fine, my next wife could have the next two...).

So today's the big day. I'm practicing calm.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]